"If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself."
Blockpool Core will be moving to mainnet at block 3,402,528 (approximately 2:00 PM (GMT) on Saturday 03-Aug). This is a hard-fork to an entirely different code base, so the transition wont be seamless, but it should be easy. There are a few simple steps that node operators and delegates will need to do to get set up on the new network.
There will be a 1 week period after Blockpool Core is deployed to mainnet before rewards begin so timing is a factor as forging rewards are concerned. This post will provide the information necessary to ensure a successful transition.
Steps to be taken
The following steps should be take after block 3,402,528. To maximise forging rewards, they must be complete before rewards start on Sat 10-Aug.
! - The updated wallet will be published on Sat 03-Aug. The download page (linked below) will not have an active link until that time.
On your PC:
- Download and install the BPL Core wallet on any PC from the link below :
- Configure BPL Desktop, Import your wallet, and register your delegate as detailed in this document:
- Recreate 2nd passphrases as desired
On your VPS:
- Update or reset the OS if desired. Blockpool Core is compatible with modern Linux operating systems. Both Ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04 have been tested successfully. Other Debian variants and even Centos should be compatible, but have not yet been tested.
- Log in to your VPS via SSH to install BPL Core and as detailed here:
- Don't forget prompt your voters to re-vote for you so that you will qualify for BPL Core rewards!
Our sincere thanks to our Delegates for supporting the BPL network over the past two years and look forward to a strong period of growth for all of us.