"Being fully present is the best guarantee for a bright future"
These are exciting times at Blockpool, as a lot has been happening behind the scenes. We’d like to take the time to share what we can, and hopefully get e`everyone else excited along with us. Consider this a non-exhaustive roadmap, and as you can see, we are at the beginning of a busy few months for Blockpool!
Blockpool v2 Upgrade
First, and most importantly, we must complete the mainnet upgrade. As you are aware, our testnet has been up and running smoothly for a couple of weeks now, and the team is comfortable moving forward. So, we’d like to formally announce, that as of block 3,402,528 we will conduct a hard fork to the new Blockpool network... Blockpool Core! We cannot say with certainty at what time the fork will occur, but our estimates put the fork at about roughly 11:30am UTC on Saturday, August 3.
To summarize the previous post, here's what to expect after the upgrade is complete
- Then new wallet must be installed to interact with the BPL Core network
- Existing addresses will need to be imported using the existing passphrase for that account. Once completed, existing balances will be available
- All existing votes, second passphrases, and delegate registrations have been removed and related fees refunded
- Delegates will need to install and configure the new bpl-core node software with their passphrases
- Forging rewards will begin at block 40,201 of the new network (approximately 1 week after the network goes live).